Registration for the Volcano Marathon is a simple two-step process. You must
1. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, and complete the Application Form below, and
2. Pay the full entry fee.
The race field is limited and these will be allotted on a first come first served basis.
Please print this page and retain for your records. Once the full entry fee has been received, your place will be confirmed in the field.
There is an individual competition for both male and female competitors and a team competition for teams of three.
1. The event is the classic marathon distance of 42.2km (26.2 miles). There is also a half-marathon option.
2. Individual results will be categorized into male and female divisions.
3. The team competition will not have divisions based on gender. A team may therefore comprise both male and female members. Team positions are decided by the cumulative time of the top three competitors on each team. Team members do not have to run / finish together.
4. Any athlete who exhibits severe conditions that are deemed detrimental to their health may be withdrawn from the race by officials or stopped temporarily while appropriate treatment and advice is administered.
5. The Race Director's decisions are final.
Your submission of the registration form accepts the Rules and Regulations as outlined above. The overall fee is due at the time of registration.
1. Fill in the Application Form, and
2. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, and
3. Make the relevant payment in order to confirm your place.
Please proceed to the terms and conditions to see full details of the trip.
The Volcano Marathon will be run over the classic marathon distance of 42.2km (26.2 miles).
The provisional dates of the overall trip are Nov. 14 to Nov. 19, 2023. The marathon day is scheduled on Nov. 16.
Day 1 : Nov. 14 - Arrive at Temuco. Transfer to Pucon and check in hotel. Mandatory pre-race meeting.
Day 2: Nov. 15 - Rafting in Trancura - Liucura River. Pre-race pasta dinner.
Day 3: Nov. 16 - Race day of the 2023 Volcano Marathon.
Day 4: Nov. 17 - Enjoy thermal waters for post-marathon recovery.
Day 5: Nov. 18 - Award ceremony with Chilean country BBQ.
Day 6: Nov. 19 - Free to Return to homeland.
I understand that the dates, timing, and location of the marathon, including the course route, may change without prior notice.
One single runner: $2,999USD/person
Two runners sharing room basis: $2,600 USD/person
One runner+one companion: $2,600 USD for runner, $2,000USD for non-runner.
Runbuk will provide the following:
· Entry to the 2023 Volcano Marathon for registered runners.
· Manned aid stations and support during the race.
· Meet & greet at Temuco airport, and shuttle bus ticket to the Pucon hotel on November 14th.
· 5-day accommodation at the Green Park Hotel or a similar establishment, including daily breakfast.
· Rafting activity the day before the marathon and access to thermal waters after the race.
· Pre-race pasta dinner and post-race celebration party with country BBQ.
· T-shirts, medals, and other souvenirs.
· Professional race photography for personal use.
All participants should be in excellent health and capable of easily completing a regular 42.2km (26.2 mile) marathon. Please consult with your doctor before entering the Volcano Marathon.
Full payment is required on initial registration.
We accept wire transfer, ACH or check payment from the U.S., or online payment using a credit card.
- Cancellations made after registration but more than 180 days before the scheduled travel date, a 25% charge will be applied to the payment.
- Cancellations made between 180 days and 90 days before the travel date will incur a 50% charge of the payment.
- If you cancel within 90 days of the travel date, the full payment will be charged, and no refund will be provided.
Please note that if you make the payment using a credit card, any disputes regarding charges in violation of the aforementioned cancellation policies will not be accepted.
To enter Chile, it is your responsibility to ensure that you possess a valid passport and, if required, a valid visa. Approximately 100 countries' passport holders are allowed to visit Chile without a visa for a duration of up to 90 days. However, travelers from other countries must apply for a visa either online or in person. It is crucial to verify the current visa requirements for your specific nationality by contacting the nearest Chilean embassy or consulate or referring to official government sources.
Each participant is responsible for their own insurance to cover trip cancellation and interruption.
I understand that during the race or in related activities, I may be photographed, filmed, and/or videotaped. I agree to allow my name, photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate promotional purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns. (In cases where there are Army Special Forces involved, Runbuk Inc. will agree to protect identities as requested).
I certify that I will have adequate insurance to cover unanticipated trip cancellation / interruption, and any injury or damage that may occur on the trip, or which I may suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself.
I confirm that I have willingly applied to participate in the Volcano Marathon and have thoroughly read and understood the description, terms, and conditions. I am fully aware of any potential hazards involved in this trip.
I acknowledge that the Volcano Marathon is being held in the vicinity of an active volcano, and I am aware that sudden volcanic activities or eruptions can result in death, severe injuries, and property damage. I am aware that the Volcano Marathon is a potentially hazardous activity, and no guarantees are made regarding its safety or the safety of the event locations.
I understand running the Volcano Marathon is an extreme challenge both physically and mentally, which carries the risk of death or serious injury. These risks encompass various factors such as volcanic eruption or activities, terrain, weather conditions, facilities, participants' physical condition, equipment, traffic, actions of participants, volunteers, spectators, event officials, as well as the possibility of health issues, including but not limited to dehydration, heat stoke, hypothermia.
I certify that I am in good physical condition and have adequately trained for the Volcano Marathon.
I willingly accept all risks associated with participating in the Volcano Marathon and its related activities, including travel to and from the event. I acknowledge that I am voluntarily assuming all risks, regardless of their cause, including those previously mentioned, as a result of my participation.
In consideration of the services of Runbuk, Inc. (433 Airport Blvd. Suite 415, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA), the Race Director and agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, sponsors, medical personnel and all other persons, or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf: I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge them, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
I release Runbuk Inc. and all of its agents and representatives or other entities acting on their behalf from any and all liability, actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, and demands that I may have for bodily injury, death, or property damage, loss of income, delays and claims of every sort and nature whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with my participation in the Volcano Marathon.
Runbuk Inc. reserves the right to cancel the 2023 Volcano Marathon if it does not reach a minimum level of participants to make it economically feasible to operate. Competitors will be informed by August 14, 2023. The refund of all monies received will be the limit of our liability. We will not be liable for other costs incurred by you in preparing for the trip. In the event of a late cancellation of the race due to unforeseen circumstances, Runbuk Inc. agrees to provide the same trip at the next possible opportunity at no additional cost to the competitor.
The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the USA. The parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the USA as regards any claim, dispute, or matter arising out of, or in connection with this Agreement.
I have carefully read and understand the description, terms, conditions and recommendations of the 2023 Volcano Marathon and I am participating with a thorough knowledge of the hazards involved. I freely and voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions by signing this contract.